The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Sunday April 24, 2011 at 23:19
gduren
Lurking Member
April 2011
Has anybody heard anything more on Nevo?

I've owned a URC MX-850 for the last few years and am in the market for a new remote with more functionality as I transition to a Z-wave automation system in my new home. Just became aware of the Nevo remotes as I searched for a replacement and thought they were perfect. One-handed operation, hard buttons for frequently used functions, customizable screens, and z-wave communication. Just when I thought I had found the perfect solution, I was disappointed to hear that they are cancelling the Q50 and there's some speculation about their complete demise (I haven't heard anything more than what's on this forum and that CEPro article). From my experience in the corporate world, you will be told everything is fine until nobody answers the phone anymore.

So at this point I'm sitting on the fence waiting to hear some more info. If they do indeed come out with a new model to replace the Q50, that would be good news and would be enough for me to take the plunge.

So if the Nevo folks are reading this, add one more customer to your list if you stick around. I agree with some on this forum that an ipad looks nice and would be fun to show off, but wouldn't make a very practical everyday remote.

Hosting Services by ipHouse