Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday April 13, 2011 at 09:22
rbhfan
March 2003
Yes they are both in the same file. One remote listed as Great Room the other as Master Bedroom.

I initially had each base set up separately to each remote but tried moving the one to the back of the plasma to see if it was just a limited range issue. The master bedroom has worked flawlessly first operating on it's own base and then operating off a shared base. The Great room has carried the problem with both configurations.

I believe I read somewhere that the advertised range was supposed to be 75 foot. Now i realize that this is probably direct line of sight sitting in a flat desert somewhere, but 30 feet should still be within the bubble of range in a normal house construction. There is no odd metal or electrical circumstances just normal wood and romex house construction and no sources of RF interference that I can pin point in the area. That being said I will say the bedroom remote is about half the distance (15 feet). I have done other systems in the 20-30 foot range and not had a problem.

Nevo tech suggested that I remove the antenna from the back of the base and extend it but I am not sure where I would even get the cable to do that. They suggested that I make the cable from mini coax but I really don't wish to spend the money on the tooling and resources to do this without more then a "well try this and see" from their end.
One thing I have learned in this industry. It is easier to pull a wire than it is to push one.

Hosting Services by ipHouse