Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday April 12, 2011 at 17:35
rbhfan
March 2003
Has anyone ever run into a problem with a Q50 coming constantly disconnected from the base? I have an install where the equipment is in a closet about 30 feet away from the living room.

Periodically I will get a call from the customer stating the the remote keeps giving them the error screen that happens when the Q-50 doesn't find the base station. I have made a couple of trips to the house. I have reconfigured the base, I have updated firmwares, I have removed the base then re added it via the software and the problem keeps occurring. Last trip to their house I even added a 2nd NC-50 base that I strapped to the back of the plasma panel so it could almost be like a repeater that halved the distance to the equipment from their seating area. Same result.

Equipment in the main system

63" Samsung plasma PN-63C7000
Pioneer Elite VSX 23 receiver
Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD
Scientific Atlanta 8300 HDC
2 NC-50 bases one on top of the equipment rack and one now strapped to the rear of the tv
Q-50

Now the base station on the equipment rack is also programmed into a 2nd Q50 that operates the system in their bedroom which is just a 2nd time warner box and a Pioneer Elite Plasma. That system works flawlessly and never comes disconnected which leads me to believe that it's not a faulty base.

Just to clarify the way its connected and programmed the NC-50 in the equipment room runs IR ports 1-3 for the main system and port 6 for the bedroom. I originally had a separate base for each system but reallocated the one from the bedroom system to behind the tv in the main system.
One thing I have learned in this industry. It is easier to pull a wire than it is to push one.

Hosting Services by ipHouse