The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 414 made on Sunday December 5, 2010 at 19:13
Duct Tape
Loyal Member
November 2008
On December 4, 2010 at 22:44, boozcruz33 said...
So, I am another user that purchased a valid MX-850 from an authorized dealer about 5 years ago. My AD went out of business (not to mention they were located in Cincinnati and I am in Chicago now) and I finally got new equipment and need to reprogram the remote. I have the MX-850 editor software, but I don't think I have received a live update in several years and now it won't allow any more.

I just purchased a new Mitsubishi WD-65638 TV and a Pioneer VSX-1120-k receiver. I have used the Learn functionality to learn some of the buttons, but there are discrete codes that I really need to program (specific HDMI input selection, power on, power off, etc.). I can get the HEX codes from Pioneer for the receiver, but I am not sure how to get those values into the MX-850 editor. Is the best option still to use ProntoEdit and save CCF files? Can those be imported into the MX-850 editor? Does anyone have configuration files for these two devices that I might be able to borrow?

I am trying to contact local Chicago dealers, but the first few I have tried have not been overly helpful since I didn't purchase the remote from them. I am going to continue searching, but this is really becoming a pain for something that should be so easy.

Thanks,
Shane

you can use the universal browser function to enter hex codes.  if you have the codes already in hex form, then you should already have everything you need to program your new components.
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse