The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 413 made on Saturday December 4, 2010 at 22:44
boozcruz33
Lurking Member
December 2010
So, I am another user that purchased a valid MX-850 from an authorized dealer about 5 years ago. My AD went out of business (not to mention they were located in Cincinnati and I am in Chicago now) and I finally got new equipment and need to reprogram the remote. I have the MX-850 editor software, but I don't think I have received a live update in several years and now it won't allow any more.

I just purchased a new Mitsubishi WD-65638 TV and a Pioneer VSX-1120-k receiver. I have used the Learn functionality to learn some of the buttons, but there are discrete codes that I really need to program (specific HDMI input selection, power on, power off, etc.). I can get the HEX codes from Pioneer for the receiver, but I am not sure how to get those values into the MX-850 editor. Is the best option still to use ProntoEdit and save CCF files? Can those be imported into the MX-850 editor? Does anyone have configuration files for these two devices that I might be able to borrow?

I am trying to contact local Chicago dealers, but the first few I have tried have not been overly helpful since I didn't purchase the remote from them. I am going to continue searching, but this is really becoming a pain for something that should be so easy.

Thanks,
Shane

Hosting Services by ipHouse