The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday July 17, 2010 at 19:57
slackner
Long Time Member
July 2003
So I was excited to install the Sonos Plug-in on my S70, and have been using it extensively today to test it. Unfortunately, I've been pretty disappointed. Here's what I've discovered (and maybe some of this is attributable to my own setup/network)...

1) If I select the Sonos Plug-in before my Nevo has had a chance to fully connect wirelessly, the Plugin will throw an error stating Nevo Controller has no wifi connectivity, even though it clearly does by that point. And it won't recover unless you close it down back to the home screen. If I go to my intermediate screen that then presents the button for the Sonos Plug-in (I have wifi set to turn on for this page), and I wait for the wifi to connect, and then start the Sonos Plug-in, it's fine.

2) Volume - very flakey behaviour. Sometimes it registers the command to increase/decrease volume, and sometimes it doesn't. And this is with Group Volume. When I try to adjust volume for a particular zone in the group, it almost never works.

3) The Now Playing screen that is supposed to show your album artwork never seems to refresh. Mine has been frozen on a song from my queue that played over 10 songs ago, and nothing I do seems to refresh the display, other than completely shutting down the plug-in and restarting it.

4) "Music Library" is listed twice on the home selection screen.

Has anyone seen similar behaviour? Do I just have a flakey environment here causing these issues? My Sonos itself tends to work pretty flawlessly, so I doubt there are issues with the mesh network.

Hosting Services by ipHouse