Upgrade adds redesigned user interface, gestures, wheel enhancements, UDP communications and more.
Posted by Daniel Tonks on December 16, 2009 at 2:47 PM
Philips has just released a major software and firmware update for their Pronto family of remote controls, including the TSU9300, TSU9400, TSU9600, TSU9800 as well as the RFX9400 and RFX9600 extenders.
The biggest change involves an updated user interface for ProntoEdit Professional, which now supports the simultaneous editing of multiple pages along with movable, resizable and dockable windows. Itís been a long time coming! Other enhancements include improved font style and size selection, reusable macros, customizable actions for the rotary wheel, iPhone-style gesture support, faster file downloads and more dynamic elements for ProntoScript. Also new are UDP network communications and UPnP/DLNA support.
Hereís a complete rundown of everything thatís new, as provided by Philips:
ProntoEdit Professional v2.4.18:
- Display and editing of multiple pages on a single screen to help with smoother, faster programming workflow.
- Re-sizeable and dockable window panes to assist in more complex programming tasks, such as, creating user interface graphics. You can also move a pane to an external second monitor to create more space.
- Re-usable macros; once set up and used, programming macros can be simply stored and re-used when configuring repeated actions in multiple locations in a project.
- Rotary wheel enhancements; actions can be ascribed to the rotation / counter-rotation of the controllerís rotary wheel eg controlling volume or light levels.
- Improved font selection; any Windows PC font can now be easily selected and used in PEP2.4.
- Faster download time; When downloading the configuration file after the first download, the time it takes is significantly reduced.
- Faster installation of the editor; the installation is not only faster but it provides you also with more options to skip parts like specific galleries.
- New channel icons; for many countries new channel icons have been added or updated. During the installation you can select which channel icons you wish to have installed in the library.
- Increased font sizes; now any font size up to 255 is supported.
New ProntoScript Features:
- Rotary wheel enhancements; actions can now be ascribed to the rotation/ counter-rotation of the controllerís rotary wheel, eg for controlling volume or light levels.
- UPnP/ DLNA; The UPnP/DLNA engine now incorporated into the Pronto platform will make it possible to hook up instantly with other UPnP enabled components. One interesting example is Sonos for which a dedicated ProntoScript module is created.
Firmware ProntoScript Features:
Download the new versions from Philips' site
, or right here from our own Pronto Professional file area
For more on the Pronto, visit our Pronto Professional forum.
All cloud-based operations to end within four years.
New AD-16x routes 16 audio sources across 16 zones; now shipping.