The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday March 12, 2010 at 16:03
isotack
Long Time Member
March 2010
Antenna reception depends on where you are and what's in the way. I'm in Whitby. I live on the edge of a revine high up. Next to Cullen Gdns.

In short...I'm lucky...location, location, location.

I use a Phillips amplified antenna that I got a Wallmart...and there is nothing I don't get. Buffalo, Toronto...the works. 27 channels in all plus whatever is on Anologue. Most have excellent signals, though some come and go like WNYB, Ion and CTS, but I'm not into god, so I don't care. The Antenna is mounted on a shelf upstairs where I have one of my TVs. It feeds three other TVs in the house via splitters...etc.

Despite what I read here in the forums, I have never been able to improve on that stupid $40.00 antenna. I've tried CM, Turk...and a bunch more.

Make sure you use RG6 and if you spit it, use a high frequency splitter. Home Depot has them.

If you want to experiment, try it. Make sure it's as high as you can get it. If you don't get anything...take it back.

The key to good reception from what I have found is line of sight.

Oh...and do not buy one of those flat or non directional models. You must be able to turn it.

...and oh...I pay Bell $100.00 a month for their satellite and find myself looking at the uncompressed, crystal clear 1080i and unsubbed HDTV signals more often than not. The Superbowl commercials were great. Bell does not offer CHCH, OMNI WNLO or WNED in HDTV.

Hosting Services by ipHouse