Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Wednesday February 3, 2010 at 10:12
Audible Solutions
March 2004
Speaking with my buddy, UN46b8500 and UN55b8500 have worked, including power on from off state. These are LED TVs. It worked out of the box, with hotel mode in its default mode off. He thinks the 6000 series will work but he doesn't have that unit in house yet. Plasmas are a different chassis so there may be different protocols and settings to get serial to work. Given that plasmas require more energy it is very possible the chip set is also turned off when the display is; Sharp is famous for this design and there was the infamous Sharp/Pioneer collaboration that had the same issue.

I spoke with my buddy this morning to get his latest report and he claims out of the box control for all commands, including power on, for his 46 inch LED Samsung. He was curious why hotel mode was enabled so to that poster I pose that question.

I have a Samsung LED scheduled for a Prodigy install in a week or two. I do find it amusing you are purchasing a serial cable. Has the ability to solder really gone the way of dinosaurs?

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse