Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday December 28, 2009 at 14:23
jimmyl
Long Time Member
December 2009
Thanks for the replies, guys.

Joe - I will start calling the closer dealers to my place before long - I'm travelling for the next 3 weeks - but first I'd like to see if some of you out there if you know of a DIY friendly source for this equipment/software. I'd rather use someone that is known here, and already is proven to supply the hardware with software. Has anyone on RC successfully bought an MX6000 + CCP as a DIY project?

Steve_Man - If I look back over the last 4 years, it looks like I buy new components every 8-10 months. Replacing crappy ones, getting a bigger screen, etc. Then I often move components from room to room also. I don't have a big system, and I don't want to spend big $$$ to get a whole new system that won't need changing for years. I expect that within a few months of getting this thing, I'll get a new AV receiver, and depending on how solid I get the control system, may try to control it with rs232, getting some more control parts. Seems like a good idea to have the updateable program, though I think I could cope with a version that wasn't. But if I'm going to the trouble of changing the remote function, seems like a good idea to have the most recent version...

John - nail on the head, pal! Would you be able to let me know the dealers that you got the hardware/software from? PM me if you don't want to post it for any reason.

One interesting thing I noticed on URC's website - where you can give them the serial number of your remote to download the software, there is a dropdown list to choose your model number, but the MX-6000 is not listed. I had some concern that I'd have trouble getting the software thru this method, since the one that I'm interested isn't on the list - not to mention that I believe this gives you the version that is not live update enabled.

Thanks again for the input.

Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse