The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday December 22, 2009 at 18:44
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
Yeah, I *still* haven't played with video on it. Did find way better deinterlacers for my FX1 footage so 1080p isn't quite as important... :-)

I've always been extremely happy with my FX1 - clean video (original video looks sharper than 95% of HD shows on TV), low grain/noise, solid colors, and whatever I see with my eye is almost always exactly what it's recording, even in extremely low ambient light environments (I've shot people in a pitch black room where the only light was being reflected from a projection screen). My only gripes is it's hard to manually adjust exposure, and it tends to underexpose if there's brightly colored lighting around (ie. a bright white light it compensates for OK, but a bright blue or green light tends to make it underexpose everything).

Have to say I'm also very happy with the 5D. It's way bigger than any still camera I've owned before, but there's just something so extremely satisfying taking a picture with it. I don't know if it's the responsiveness, knowing how good the image will look, or just the great noise it makes!

Hosting Services by ipHouse