The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 15, 2009 at 18:55
hypnotic7
Lurking Member
December 2009
Hi. First i would like to say that this is a great forum and it really helped me a lot with programming a URC MX-5000 remote for the first time. I think i am getting a hang of it but i just have few things that i can't seem to fix.

I have a pretty simple setup including TV, cable box, ps3 with logitech adapter and, windows pc. I am able to control the tv, cable box, most of ps3 functions and now i am working on getting the pc to work. I connected the pc to the tv and would like to use windows media center and boxee.

To control the pc i figured i will buy a windows media center remote with IR/USB dongle so i can just use the dongle and the remote. I think i bought some no-brand name and when i tried to add windows media profile the buttons didn't work. I was trying to use the learn function and but it didn't work well and afterwords the URC remote control froze and now it seems slower. Also in CCP learn function stopped working and it says learning canceled 3 times and exits the learning screen.

Then i tried installing media control center on windows 7 x64bit. It installed with out a problem then i added the page to the remote, set all the IP info and updated the remote. Now when press windows media center button on the remote it starts the window media center and then says trying to connect to the server 192.168.1.x port 5004. Then it shows the menu buttons for a minute and then back to trying to connect. While the remote shows the buttons i can actually control the WMC. I am thinking its something wrong with my wifi connection but the remote shows that wifi is connected and good signal.

Is there anyway to control windows buttons using the media control center. It seems that when i am able to press up down i can actually control boxee and not WMC?

I appologize for the long post but i wanted to specify all the details.

Any suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hosting Services by ipHouse