The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 2, 2009 at 00:11
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
As a continuation of the device icon thread... what software do you use, but even more importantly, why?

I'm probably the only one here who uses CorelDRAW and CorelPHOTO-PAINT. This is because I've been using it since version 2 (a school kid) and am intimately familiar with it and love its user interface. I can do literally anything in CorelDRAW, and fast... structural and electrical blueprints, full-scale templates for custom glasswork, greeting cards, business cards, print & online advertisements, corporate logos, the layout for this site, and all my prior Pronto button designs. I've even done weird things like a full board game design with cards and a 3D paint scheme for an RC car's body

However Corel is far from perfect, and I find that I end up using Photoshop (despite how much I ABHORE the user interface) for much of my finished bitmap resizing due to long-standing bugs in PHOTO-PAINT.

What some of you probably don't know is I was an official Corel beta tester for Ventura 8 (desktop publishing software) as well as CorelDRAW 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12. My priority during those tests was backwards compatibility (as I have an extensive library of files) and quality of output, especially ever since version 9 when the big bugs were first introduced.

However since version 12 they "shrunk down" the beta testing to in-house only, and I haven't been able to continue harping on the never-fixed problems. It's a shame, since absolutely nothing has improved in the departments I concentrated on since then.

Hosting Services by ipHouse