The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday November 22, 2009 at 18:35
wogster
Long Time Member
November 2009
On November 20, 2009 at 23:29, Daniel Tonks said...
Or it could be the standard problem with trying to combine two antennas pointing in different directions. It can work, or it can make things worse.

I wonder, I am new at all this, and thinking of what I want at some point myself.  From Toronto, Buffalo is almost straight south, from where I am in the city, so is the CN Tower :).  That's where my rather crudely built antenna is pointing, works well for the Toronto stations, but lousy for the Buffalo ones.  I think I need to talk to my landlord about putting the antenna up higher.  Either on the chimney or the roof.  I might need to build an enclosure for it though.    Pardon me, I am rambling.

However if I want Hamilton it's much more west then south, so I would use a second antenna pointed at Hamilton, maybe attached to the West side of that same chimney.  Then put a Coax A-B switch where the 2 cables come into the house, so I can switch between the 2 4 bay antennas.  Once each antenna is tuned, it stays the way it is.     Probably much cheaper and easier then trying to rotate a single 4 bay antenna, since it only really needs 2 directions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse