The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 23, 2009 at 11:41
tillig
Lurking Member
February 2009
I'm not sure if there's a name for this "feature" so bear with me as I try to explain. I have a Sony RM-VL900 and I love it. It does everything I need except *one thing* and it's kind of annoying.

I just bought a new TV (Samsung LN52A750) and was programming the remote to use it. I found one code that works against the TV, but the volume buttons behave oddly. You know when you push the volume button on the remote and it "repeats" the signal over and over so the volume will go up for as long as you hold the "volume up" button?

That's not working.

I push the "volume up" button and the volume goes up a notch and stops, like I let go of the button. (Same thing with "volume down" - it's not just one button having issues.) I verified that I don't have any "learned" function on the buttons, and it was working fine with my last TV (Sharp AQUOS).

The original remote for the TV works as expected - hold one of the volume buttons and the volume changes for as long as you hold the button.

I contacted Sony support and they said there's nothing to be done about it - you can't tell one of the buttons to "repeat" the signal. So I'm looking at new remotes because hammering on the volume button to get the volume to change is annoying.

I would like a remote that does the same thing (or better) as the RM-VL900 but will also let me indicate if a signal should "repeat" when the button's held down. (Or maybe it just needs to have more recent built-in codes?)

Any advice is appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse