Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday February 20, 2009 at 10:53
diesel
April 2004
I've been meaning to update this for everyone, but it's been a busy few days. All the codes for the Pioneer will work......in Viewport. Most the codes work in SystemBuilder but some of the less important codes will not, you know codes like Play, Stop, Pause, Menu, Top Menu, those just don't work. I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Crestron tech support. They dissected my program and found the same thing I did, the button presses work but those codes do not send out a serial string. It's very strange.

We thought it might be a corrupted module so I built a new one, same thing. So as of right now I am using 232 and IR until I can get this thing figured out. The IR codes kinda suck too. I used Crestron's IR database codes and the BDP-09 sees them as about four button presses (which is ok on play, but the menu will flash on the screen twice before going right back to the movie). I then tried to learn the codes in and coded them as a non repeating IR signal, but the player still saw the code as about four button presses.

It was a very frustrating day, and the worst part is this is a job that is about 75 miles away and I can't get back to it until next week.

P.S.-the exact coding for the commands was:
"power on"=/A181AFBA/RU\n
"power off"=/A181AFBB/RU\n
And yes, the power on and off commands worked perfectly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse