The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday November 9, 2006 at 07:21
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
I'm pleased to welcome you to the new Pronto Professional forum, dedicated to Philips' latest remote control, the TSU9600. There are three main reasons why I felt the TSU9600 deserved its own forum at this time.

First, Philips is not positioning this as an extension of the Pronto NG line; instead it is part of its own "Pronto Professional" series. This also entails different programming software, different extender options, along with different problems and solutions.

Second, this remote is not targeted to quite as large an audience as former models have been. Philips' marketing expresses how this has been designed specifically for the custom installer segment, while thier more limited distribution still allows for entheusiest/advanced consumers - either way these users would probably prefer topics relating to this model be separated from others.

Third, and finally, there has been en ever-growning number of posts in the Pronto NG forum relating to this model - so let's move them all here!

For more details on the TSU9600, see this report. And if you have any questions or spot any issues with the forum please let me know!

Hosting Services by ipHouse