The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday November 15, 2006 at 11:51
Nolzman
Long Time Member
October 2003
Hey Jesse, when you think you are jsut about done with your configuration, why don't you post it the files section. I am a recent owner of a MX-900 and would be interested in seeing your set up "philosophy". I came from a MX-700, so my initial set up has the Watch page like the Main page on the 700, and I really haven't utlitized the Listen page yet.

As I was reading the post, I changed my set up to have the Listen page to the my "Device" page and the Watch to my start up Macros. I sort of like this method of utilizing the Listen. My Device buttons do two things. I quick press just goes to the Device page. Press and hold for a second and it first switches all the inputs (TV, Receiver, etc...) and then goes to the Device page. The Watch or start up Macros are just that. They are used to when I walk into the room and everything is off, and I want to perform an activity. For instance, my DVD activity turns on all the appropraite devices, insures they are on the right input and opens the DVD tray.

So... let's say I am watching TV and want to watch a movie. I go to my "Device" page and press and hold the DVD button. This switches all the inputs.

This thread has my re-thinking my set up.

I think I will try to have "real" Listen and Device macros, with maybe a separate "Startup" device with all my embedding start up marcos.

Hmmmm....

Hosting Services by ipHouse