The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Wednesday October 10, 2007 at 11:17
marsht
Founding Member
May 2002
I purchased one of these because I thought it would be a nice bedroom remote for my wife, and potentially, for small basic setups.

I went through the wizard fairly quickly. My equipment for the test was fairly straightforward: Fujitsu monitor, Scientific Atlanta 8300HD, Denon receiver and DVD player. When I downloaded the file into the 810, I was thinking that I would probably only have to tweak a few things. To my dismay, nothing worked. I mean NOTHING. Nothing powered on or off, no change of input, no volume control, no channel functions. Wait-I stand corrected, when I tried one of the activity macros, it changed one of the stretch modes of my plasma (definitely undesirable). Also, when I tried to power off, one time it put my Denon receiver into Pure Direct mode. I have not gotten the bitter taste out of my mouth yet to attempt to return to the troubleshooting segment of the wizard.

I realize this product was just released, and probably needs some time to work out the kinks...but this seems ridiculous to me. I've programmed numerous Prontos, MX-3000's, 950's, 900's, and RTI. I thought this wizard thing would be like reading a picture book to me.

Hosting Services by ipHouse