The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday March 20, 2008 at 21:49
aham23
Long Time Member
February 2003
as part of my dedicated home theater build i needed a remote. i really wanted the 980, but it was a budget buster. everyone said get the 900, but i really wanted a color LCD screen. so, the 810 it was/is.

this is my first PC programmable remote. i have had a mx 500 up and running for about 8 years. i would say it has been the most reliable piece of equipment in my once state of the art cutting edge home theater. at first the Wizard Software was confusing and a bit frustrating. after two weeks of on and off again programming i am very comfortable with it.

so, i am on setup 3 and hope setup 4 holds me over for a while? the two issues i am having currently are input selection and the activity power off? my equipment is; Denon 2808ci, Panny BD30 BluRay, Toshiba HDDVD, and Lutron Lights.

the Denon takes a bit of time to power up and just cant seem to get in the correct delay for it to take the input command. i have it set to a 5 second power on delay and then 1 second delays between each activity command.

next, when in an activity, say Watch BluRay, and i hit the hard power off button it turns all the equipment for the activity OFF, but it also turns ON the HDDVD player. i guess, because it has no discrete power codes, but i am not sure.

any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

much thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse