The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday March 24, 2008 at 16:50
Scott-C
Long Time Member
November 2002
My setup includes an MX-810/MRF-350 combo and exclusively uses RF - I have selected RF for each device and turned off the IR blaster on both of my MRF-350s. Using the 810's Pro Wizard software, I have built Activities for things such as "Watch Blu-Ray" and "Watch TV." However, a few errors are present, and I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on whether they can be fixed:

1. The activities I build do not always turn on my projector (JVC RS2). By that I mean that on some activities, it turns on (all the time). On other activities, it never turns on.

2. The activities NEVER turn off my projector when I use the red hard power button to power off the activity. The IR code I have assigned to the PJ Power Off button works just fine if I use it in the Device itself, but not as part of an activity that involves powering off the PJ. I've checked all the activities and power management screens to ensure they are set up correctly, but to no avail.

3. The workaround I have found for the problems described above is to go into the Browser, delete the PJ "On" and "Off" commands that do not work, and manually add the commands back in. I do this by selecting them from the lists of commands on the left side of the browser, which of course are the commands for each device I've programmed into the MX-810 in the first place. I have taken to dragging in the command in the "Imported Panel View" window because it usually has a description that allows me to identify the intent of the command.

4. The problem is that the minute I manually add in any commands using the browser, and then engage an activity, the screen that pops up says "Please keep the remote pointed. Professional programming is now taking place" even though I have turned off all IR! If I create an activity but don't modify it in the Browser, I get the correct "No need to point the remote; Professional programming is now taking place" message.

Why would the message change just because I use the Browser to tailor my Activity macros to my liking?

Also, I do wish my PJ would turn off as part of the Activity I initially built, but this seems to be a bug with no fix. I've tried two projectors and have had this problem with both.

Can anyone help with #4 above?

Thanks!

Scott

Hosting Services by ipHouse