The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 146 made on Saturday June 16, 2007 at 23:19
phil
Founding Member
December 2001
On May 11, 2007 at 00:06, Herman Trivilino said...
Not true. I challenge any "pro" to program my MX-850
for my system and have it "be better" when I go to use
it for its intended purpose. Read my profile. Not all
end users are nonprofessionals watching movies in their
living rooms.

Just a couple of questions

On your MX-850 press the "ON" button, count to 20 and press it again. Will the appropriate equipment be "ON" and be on the most commonly used input?

When you choose DVD or VCR will all the appropriate components turn on and switch to the proper inputs with only a SINGLE button press? If the DVD or VCR button is pressed a second time(after pressing "MAIN") will all the appropriate equipment still be "ON" and on the right input?

If the answer to question 1 is yes and the answer to question 2 is "It stays on DVD or VCR and pushing "PLAY" plays the DVD or VCR then I tip my hat to you, I am impressed, and you are able to do more than 95% of all users. I bet your VCR has never ever flashed "12:00".

If the answer to either question is "NO" or I have to turn on my VCR or DVD, a pro could simplify your system and make it more "idiot" proof.

Either way, it sounds as though you are able to use the system and the MX-850 makes it easier to operate.
Good for you.
"Regarding surround sound, I know musicians too well to want them behind my back."
-Walter Becker

Hosting Services by ipHouse