The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday August 9, 2008 at 07:37
GMPCM
Long Time Member
December 2006
I did not mention software at all, and the only hardware referenced is neither made nor distributed by me. IOW, I am not trying to sell YOU anything, and again I suggest that if you want information on how an HTPC can expand your home theater capabilities, research it yourself; I am not a pro bono teacher.

I directed my answer to the OP, just an effort to save him/her from spending hundreds of dollars for fancy remotes when they aleady have something much more powerful that they use to make internet posts with. If the original poster had more questions about the particular solution I mentioned, then I would likely answer them the best I could.

As far as using a hand held remote to control a home theater, that isnt even something I generally recommend. I use a Logitech wireless laser mouse to control every component on my home theater system, and I have not picked up a remote in ages. If there were actually a time when I did not find the mouse convienent for some reason, I would likely just use voice commands.

Last edited by GMPCM on August 9, 2008 08:01.
GMPCM Artificial Intelligence Management Systems

http://www.hd-radiopc.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse