Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Sunday January 15, 2006 at 12:02
10idiots
Lurking Member
January 2006
MS Media 2005, service pack 2
I received all the same errors as slothrop ~ using the ATI TV Wonder Elite W/ Remote Wonder Plus.
I lost my cd and went to the site - followed all the suggestions, without luck. ATI's site map sucks.
Here is what I did to solve the issue.
* First to get rid of the startup errors, downloaded and copied these two files to the %systemroot%\system folder "Default location: C:\WINDOWS\system"
[Link: dll-files.com]
[Link: dll-files.com]
Saved the link to this site, very usefull "Ctrl+d"

* Rebooted and now recieved error about unable to load languages resources ~ ecpected this error or something similiar ~ remember the DLL's not register

* Since all the DLL's came up not registered ~ reload the software for the remote.
Pick software option repair - this did the trick for me and made total sinces. One major rule I have learned in software development ~ testing - We can say that the ATI software installs are pretty ; )
Ati site link ~ [Link: support.ati.com]
**I hope that you don't have to Manually register the dll's ~ but here is the directions to do so,
Select start ~ Run ~ type: regsvr32 "C:\Path_to_dll\Mydll_name.dll"
Example: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\AtiSServ.dll"

The bummer about lossing or not getting the CD, is the free version of PowerCinema 3 which could save you $20.00 to upgrade to the newest version.

Last edited by 10idiots on January 15, 2006 12:16.

Hosting Services by ipHouse