The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday June 4, 2004 at 00:26
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
In working with the third RC5400 I have programmed, I absolutely could not get Wizzit to work properly.
The program itself has several maddening lacks, things that are included in PENG and even Marantz Touch Screen Editor and the earlier versions of ProntoEdit.

Carl at Marantz tells me that I should have at least a P4 computer running at 600 mHz (1 gig would be better)and 256 megs of RAM.

All right, no problem. BUT TELL ME THAT BEFORE YOU PUT YOUR DAMNED PRODUCT ON THE MARKET. I just went to the Marantz website and could find no reference AT ALL to computer requirements. You have probably already seen my comments on the fact that there is no HELP FILE available for the remote.

So I have to buy a new laptop to use the RC5400; it has to be a laptop because I can't very well be driving back and forth between the client's house and my office for a tweak. That's a lot of bucks just because they think the 5400 is a little better. Hell, the 5200 and the TSU6000 are WAY more than any client of mine ever needed!

And the last straw, the thing that finally made me quit even thinking I could use the 5400, was that Wizzit crashed several times after I added ONE VCR command and tried to re-upload. The file just would not go into the computer.

Convince me that I can use my P2 300 mHz computer. Convince me that your program won't take four minutes to download, four minutes to upload, and then will crash. Convince me that this remote, which I am sure is much better than the 5200, offers me or my clients even ONE thing since the 5200 is already so much more than what is required.

I'll listen.

By the way, am I the only one who has noticed that hardly anybody is discussing the 5400 on this forum? I actually now hope that means it will die a quiet death.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse