Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday September 15, 2005 at 01:50
DanKurts
Founding Member
June 2001
Lyndel
If you recall, I sent you some info on a related problem to #2.
When a button was pressed that had a long macro, if you tapped it quickly, you could get the macro to hang, and cause the 7000 to lock up. For some reason, it only happened with pcf's from imported ccf's. If you created the same macro in the 7000 editor, from scratch, it didn't happen. With the last two upgrades, I had hoped it would be fixed. It got better, at least it doesn't hang the 7000, but the macro doesn't execute. The button will flash back and forth between pressed/unpressed until it catches up with the number of times it was pushed, and then do nothing else. Also, with the latest software and the same macro, sometimes the please wait screen will flash pressed/unpressed and then execute, or maybe not! If you then hit it one time, it will execute, please wait screen and all.
Why would someone want to repeatedly tap a button? What I had found was that some of my senior users, with shaky fingers, or those with a very light touch, kept causing these lockups, requiring a reboot. When I finally watched them long enough, I caught it. All my longer macros had a please wait screen jump before the macro executed IR, and a jump when done.
In the old 1000/2000/6000 series, once the same macro was started, there were no further inputs accepted, no matter what, and no lockups.
If you opend a fresh new pcf, and then imported the the ccf into it, it still did it. Merging that problem pcf into a new pcf, also didn't help. I've since just redone all my older pcf's from scratch as a new pcf, and the hang problem is gone, but still see this problem of not completing a macro if hit to quickly.
I've since made a few new templates so I don't have to import any of the older ones, except when a customer upgrades. I then rebuild it from scratch. Less painfull than call backs and angry customers!
Thanks for listening,... again!
Dan

Hosting Services by ipHouse