The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday September 11, 2005 at 13:43
Carlton Bale
Founding Member
February 2002
Has anyone else noticed the following problems with firmware 3.7.7 (for the ProntoProNG TSU 7000)? I haven't seen complaints for all of these issues, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Issue 1: Beep duration does not function properly in macros. Specifically, macros that contain play the beeps much too long. If the beep is set for 0.1 seconds and the delay is 10 seconds, the beep will play for 10 seconds. The "end beep" function does not seem to be working properly.

Issue 2: When a button is depressed, the image only switches to the "pressed state" image for a brief instance, even if the macro lasts several seconds. The was not the case with previous firmware, allowing for a "Please Wait" image to be displayed while the macro executes. The user knows when the macro is complete when the button switches back to the normal "released" state.

Issue 3: The "Normal Actions" under Device Properties / Actions do not auto-execute when switching to a page. As I understand it, "normal actions" can be set to send several commands and then jump to another page. This would cause the page to be displayed temporarily while a command completes, then jump to another page. I can't get this feature to work properly. "Normal Actions" do not seem to work at all. How are they supposed to be used?

Issue 4: 0.4 second mandatory (non-configurable) delay between commands for hard button presses. [Link: remotecentral.com]

Missing Feature 1: Button backlight activation via the pick-up senor or via the depression of a hard button is still missing. The button backlight time-out is not configurable either. These are features that were incorporated into the TSU6000 but omitted from he TSU7000. Ideally, the TSU7000 would add the capability to use the pick-up sensor to activate the touchscreen and/or the button backlights. Separately, depression of a hard button could be set to activate the button backlight and/or the touchscreen backlight (please don't require double button presses for this). Finally, the duration of the button backlight could be adjusted, independent of the touchscreen backlight.

Missing Feature 2: Timers. The 7000 still doesn't have the functionality of the 6000. Not a big deal for me, but others have complaind about this.

Anyone else experience these issues?
Carlton Bale
[Link: carltonbale.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse