The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday September 18, 2005 at 22:41
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
As throughout several beta tests, I had various versions of the software installed on my machine, I had some problems getting the USB drivers to install correctly with this release. Should others encounter this problem, I've posted instructions as to how to resolve.

============================================
Possible Problem with the latest ProntoPro NG software.
I'm using XP Service Pack 2 and following update of the 2.1.4 software for the ProntoPro NG series, the USB driver for the remote could not be located. I've already sent an email to the ProntoTeam for this issue and am awaiting a reply.

For your convenience, I've posted the steps to manually reinstall the driver below.
To reinstall the Pronto Pro NG USB Driver

1. Open the Device Manager (found by a right click on My Computer and select Properties. Next select the Hardware Tab and click the 'Device Manager' button).

2. From the Device Manager's device tree, select the USB Serial Bus Controllers item. If the remote is plugged in, there should be a listing for Philips Pronto NG Device Driver with a yellow 'yield' exclamation point to the left.

3. Double-click on the entry located in #2 to open the Driver Properties Window.

4. From Driver Properties, select the 'Driver' tab and then click the 'Update Driver' button.

5. Select Yes, this time only for the Windows Update option and then click 'Next'.

6. On the next screen, select 'Install from List or Specific Location' and click next.

7. On the next screen, click 'Don't search (Have Disk) option. and click next.

8. On the next screen, click 'Have Disk...'.

9. On the 'Install From Disk' screen, click 'Browse' and navigate to the folder where the ProntoProEdit NG software was installed. Inside this folder should be a folder named 'Drivers' with 2 folders underneath. Select the folder specific for your Operating System (Since I have XP, I selected the 'Win2KXPME' folder.

10. Inside this folder, you will find a file named Pronto2G.inf. Select this file and press 'Open'.

11. Now, you should be back on the 'Install From Disk' screen. Click 'OK'.

12. Now, you should be back on the 'Hardware Update Wizard' screen. Click 'Next'.

13. You will then be presented a warning that the driver you are installing is "Unsigned". Click 'Continue Anyway'.

14. On the next screen, click 'Finish'.

Last edited by Lyndel McGee on January 31, 2006 21:05.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse