The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday May 30, 2006 at 19:34
jfetter
Founding Member
December 2001
Oh man, my 4-year-old and I were playing and she hit the screen with her light saber (yeah ;-) and ended up cracking it. There appears to be a plastic top soating which is still in-tact but the glass inside has an 1/8" hole and cracks extending to the edges. Though the display works perfectly fine, the touch sensitivity is gone and almost nothing works (my guess is the glass is somehow what provides the feedback as to where your finger is in relation to screen position).

A quick call to Phillips was a huge dissapointment, the support person told me they would swap it with a refurb for $476 (isn't that close to a great street price?) but they wouldn't be able to repair it. He suggested a repair shop but one call to them (they laughed) I was told to chuck it, Phillips does not provide replacement parts (great!).

This unit is maybe 7 months old, I hate to buy a new one for what appears to be cosmetic and repairable (though it may not be in reality). Buy.com doesn't sell them anymore and I am simply unsure if this is just poor suport from Phillips or I am SOL...

Anyone help me out with some good advice? If the verdict is buy a new one can someone recommend a good retailer?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Hosting Services by ipHouse