The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday April 21, 2006 at 09:46
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Understood. Not trying to be unfriendly, just asking you to offer professional courtesy.

In my first reply, I attempted to give you instructions on how to see 'Button Properties'. I sure hope it helped.

Peter DeWildt, myself, Archer, and several others were Beta Testers for the 7000. We've logged many hours with the remote and spend tremendous amounts of time in this forum and the Pronto Forum answering the questions, sometimes the same questions over and over. I personally have reviewed Dave's guide and feel that it is consistent with the thoughts of many of the "so-called experts" here.

I consider Dave is a friend and professional colleague. As a professional courtesy, rather than first blasting him or his work publicly, I personally feel that you should contact him directly as his email is on profile and ask when an update might be available. He's discussed it over the past 6 months but I don't know the timeline. And, as I said earlier, if you are unhappy, I bet he'd give you a refund.

I do understand your "newbie" frustration with thinking that you've got a guide and thinking it should give you step-by-step operating instructions. That's not the intent of the guide. The intent is to illustrate patterns and best practices. Pressing F1 in the software and reading Help along with possibly the Pronto NG FAQ should be used as the step-by-step operating instruction guide for the software, not the UPG.

And last, but not least, if you have this kind of passion about the remote, then I surely hope to see you get on board and become an "expert" as well so that you too begin helping others and can enjoy the remote you just purchased.

Welcome to the addiction.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse