The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday July 11, 2006 at 19:17
AARON BROWN
Long Time Member
September 2004
Finally................... Someone at Philips reached out a helping hand in regard to the 3000 hardware-related unresponsive screen issue. With help from my ADI sales rep, I was put in touch with a very helpful individual at Philips who, over the phone with me, read through most of the original string in regard to the above subject matter. After a few minutes of good conversation, this person took my info, and said they would call me back later in the day. Well, this person did just that. They also told me to spread the word over at Remote Central that this problem has now been acknowledged by Philips as a "hardware-related" service issue - and that when someone who has an "out of warranty" Pronto 3000ng in this state of operation calls in for a service RA# at 1-888-philips they will be quoted a repair charge of $50 plus s & h. That sure beats the $200 to $230 quotes some have been getting prior to this posting.

I, as a small CI firm owner-operator, am happy to see Philips handle this situation in this manner. Moving forward with their product is critical to some of us who have spent so much time,effort and money working with it.

I was asked to inform the RC community about this directly from my Philips contact. They also asked me to post more details tomorrow (Wednesday) in regard to the exact language of the problem that exists - so the people at the repair center go to that $50 repair platform. Look for more info on this subject tomorrow - I will post as I get it.

I see no need to mention names, but a huge thankyou to Dave B. at ADI Northeast and the Philips team.

Aaron Brown
Aaron's Media, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse