Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday May 7, 2007 at 04:36
Piggy
Lurking Member
January 2004
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea why:

My Pronto RU990 can't reproduce IR commands learnt from a Marmitek EasyControl 6 remote?

and/or

How I might be able to generate an RF command 1,2,3 ON, rather than 1 ON, 2 ON, 3 ON, from the Codegen RF utility for the Pronto ?

In more detail -

My Pronto RU990 seems to learn IR X10 commands from a Marmitek EasyControl 6 remote for controlling a Marmitek X10 IR-RF7243U controller. However the 7243 doesn't respond to the Pronto's learned codes (the IR receive light on the controller doesn't even flash).

The EasyControl 6 remote in IR mode issues commands to the controller without problem, so it seems neither the EasyControl 6 remote nor the X10 controller are at fault. The Pronto seems to learn the EasyControl 6 IR commands Ok, but the controller doesn't respond when I use the Pronto.

My Pronto learns and uses IR commands from half a dozen of my other remotes without problem.

If I use the Codegen utility for the Pronto,

[Link: simplyautomate.co.uk]

I can generate RF codes that work the X10 controller (it's an IR+RF model) from my Pronto, but then I have another problem - Using Codegen, and the RF commands it offers, it doesn't seem possible to generate an 'attention' command without an instruction. So you can generate 1 ON, 2 ON, 3 ON, 4 ON, but not 1,2,3,4, ON. The result is that my lights come on in a daisy chain sequence, not all at once. You can of course send All ON but then all the devices switch on, not just the ones you want.

Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse