The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Saturday March 24, 2007 at 10:32
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I'm running low on ideas. Maybe Lyndel has more ideas. What model Pronto are you using? Maybe the is something else wrong with the way the Pronto is configured. Some Pronto models can be configured (often by mistake) to send only RF not IR. I think others here know more about that than I do.

None of your learned signals for this device are correct. But I would have expected half of them to work anyway. Each signal has an initial part to indicate the button was pressed followed by a repeat part to indicate it is held. None of the repeat parts in learned signals you posted are correct, but some of them have correct initial parts. I think those should get a response from the device.

I also still think that CCF and my constructed signal are correct.

On March 24, 2007 at 08:45, cowflake said...
"Designed with UEI technology"
whatever that means.

UEI is the company behind the OneForAll brand of universal remotes. They also are the inventors of the XMP protocol used by your cable box. They also design remote controls for many other brands, apparently including your cable box. They also license a database of IR codes used in the Prontos. So it is possible that the code set you need is built into your Pronto, but I don't have a good guess how to identify it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse