The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday March 23, 2007 at 16:09
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On March 23, 2007 at 12:31, cowflake said...
I tried your code
but it doesn't work.

I'm surprised. I don't see anything wrong with it.

But based on the additional bad codes you posted, I found a CCF file containing good versions of those same codes and more. I emailed the CCF to you. The codes you want are all in the "codes" panel of the "cable" device. I assume they work for whoever created that ccf file. My decode software says they are all good and they match all the correct parts of the bad signals you posted above.

I don't know where I got that CCF file. It was dated Feb 19 of this year, so I ought to remember, but I don't. For most ccf files I keep, I have a text file giving me the URL from which I got the file. But this time I don't.

have learned a lot about RC5 Codes and everything
but i still don't understand whats the problem.

These are not RC5 codes. They are "XMP" codes (what my software and most threads on the subject call "Dreambox" codes).

There are a couple problems with your learned signals, both of which are discussed in detail in some of the old threads on "Dreambox":

1) While learning, the Pronto has misaligned the repeat portion of the signal, so it wraps on a boundary that the Pronto can't reproduce while transmitting.

2) The XMP protocol is sensitive to much smaller changes in durations than other IR protocols. While learning, the Pronto "cleans up" the signal, making intentional small changes to the durations. For XMP, those small changes often break the meaning of the signal.

I learned the Codes holding down the Buttons on the Remote
Control until ProntoEdit said it was learned (also tried
pushing short, generates different codes but still unuseable).

A short press might stop the Pronto from detecting the repeat pattern, so it couldn't misalign the repeat pattern. So it might help. But it is a very crude approach to solving that half of the problem and does nothing for the other half.

Could there be a problem with the frequency or something?
Any ideas what i could try?

Most IR protocols, including XMP, don't care if the frequency is slightly wrong. I didn't research whether the frequency of your learned signals is wrong at all. It certainly isn't more than slightly wrong.

Try converting the signals from that CCF that I emailed.

If that doesn't work, I may have some further ideas.

Hosting Services by ipHouse