Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday January 4, 2007 at 09:55
smokinghot
August 2006
Although sure it's a pain in the a** not having the PS3 ready made for IR control, but I don't think it's grounds for black balling it. Someone or some company was eventually going to have to step up the plate and introduce bluetooth or wifi as a new control method for the masses. Both are better than IR or RF and of course allow for the always useful two way communication. It's really the natural order of things.... equipment first (PS3, HTPC, etc), and then control methods (universal remotes, keyboards/mouse). No manufacturer would produce a remote that didn't control anything...lol.

IMHO it's a forgone conclusion that some manufacture will come up with a IR module for the PS3.... it's just a matter of time. Personally I don't think it's a mistake, just the next leap. Which sony is known to take every once in a while.

Daniel:

What kind of range are you thinking of with BlueTooth? I haven't hit it yet, and traveling through different floors and multiple walls. Just curious what it would be.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse