Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday May 14, 2007 at 22:58
hansenmick
Founding Member
February 2002
Ok, here's my problem:

I am trying to fix a remote for JohnFox (a user on these forums). I managed to get the unit to boot and it beeps when I press a hard key, but it does not respond to the touch screen. The LCD is dark (the latch that holds the ribbon cable is 1/2 broken), however, if I remove all power from the unit, hold the reset for ten seconds, and re-connect power, the screen blinks on, then nothing else (I can't tell if it's just the backlight or what, but my remote does the same thing before the Philips screen).

What this tells me is there is enough of a connection on the LCD ribbon to get SOME kind of signal to the LCD (at least the backlight), and that the remote is booting (I previously thought the main board was dead because mine would boot just a few seconds after re-connecting power). The touch screen IS connected.

Another issue I have is that my laptop will not recognize that his remote is connected to the computer. If I remove his and replace with mine, my machine instantly sees it. I remove mine, replace it with his, and nothing. Not even a 'USB device not recognized'.... NOTHING. Pull out his again and replace with mine and walla...there it is (obviously new firmware is out of the question).

I am pretty sure I can fix the latch.... but shouldn't the remote show up on my computer even thought the LCD is having issues? Especially considering the hard buttons are obviously working?

As a side note: where can I get my hand on SNL Color?

Help Lyndel!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse