The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday September 17, 2003 at 18:18
Ted Gatlin
Founding Member
February 2002
******I had a bad wireless router - which I discovered on my on with some very good customer service from Linksys AAAA+'s*********

While attempting to download the new firmware upgrade the iPronto for some reason lost connection with the internet and continued to go in a loop trying to make the connection.

I may have messed up but after about 1 hour of this - I reset the unit hoping it would help - well it did not.

The only menu I can get to is the Manual Congiguration Screen. I understand the Internet Config - I have it set to DHCP off and all of the rest of the numbers enter correctly which I obtained from the Setup section of my Linksys wireless router.

I have verified that the wireless router is working via my laptop.

One of the other choices is Wireless Config - which I do not understand. If someone could help me on the following -

Edit SSID -
Use WEP -
Key Size -
Set Wep Key -

All of these as far as I know have not been touched - and it has been down loading the EPG fine on a daily basis. I did not verify that fact yesterday but I know it has been working fine for the past week at least.

The other option is Restore Device -

The options there are Restore URL and Flag for Update. I am not sure where these should be set.

The last option of course is to resume - when that is selected - The Phillip - iPronto screen appears for about 1 minute and then displays the following:

The required data could not be downloaded
from the device update server.

Couldn't look up host.pronto.phillips.com

Press 'channel +' button to boot the current software
Press any one of the other buttons below to retry.

Press the channel + - Phillips iPronto screen and it returns to same screen

Press any other button - Phillips iPronto screen and a line appears in "red" at the bottom stating "couldn't look up host boot.pronto.philips.com.

The iPronto has been working great for about 4-5 months - but I have been trying for two days and cannot get past this point.

Philips customer service is supposed to call back sometime today - but I am not to sure that will happen.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.

This message was edited by Ted Gatlin on 09/18/03 22:16.

Hosting Services by ipHouse