Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Saturday May 15, 2004 at 06:18
Andrew Dade
Long Time Member
March 2004
Group,

Very odd turn of events with my ipronto. Not sure I like it!

As I am sure you are all bored to death with mine has been out of action for several weeks now, all attempts to revive the network connection had failed.

I have had the unit back out of the box connected to the power supply, not really doing anything, other than me prodding the screen now and then to confirm it was still not seeing the network. Its powered up like that for 10 days or so.

just for fun yesterday morning I asked it to look for the firmware upgrade (again!) and as usual did nothing other than go around the loop - reboot, look for network, cant find server, etc etc.

Late for work I left home as usual..

Back home at 6 glance at the screen, and hey I have a network symbol !!!

Strange, my partner (Who never touches or plays with any of my toys normally) says she just hit the "channel +" button at about 3pm as instructed on the blue screen. I presume this was the "revert to original software" option.

Anyway this morning, still working, I upgraded to 1.6.21 and all appears to be well.

Could I ask for some help and advice please :

1) Network symbol
I notice that the network symbol next to the hard mute button goes out once "asleep" and takes 5 seconds to reappear once the screen is tapped. Is that the same for everyone else ? (Its so long ago I cant remember what mine was like.)

2) The original problem, return the unit ?
What is your view of my problem ? Do you think that I have a hardware problem thats now intermittent or its a software problem that may be cured by the latest upgrade ?

I have as yet not had instruction where to send my unit to... but should I send it back to be checked out or not ?

Any advice much appreciated !

Yours confused !

Hosting Services by ipHouse