Founding Member
April 2002
On 07/12/04 09:42, bassfiend said...
and a number of the beta testers seemed more interested
in where was their NetXtender that they were promised
and whether anyone else had any funky graphics
that they could use rather than doing serious
testing.

Considering Philips wanted the beta testers to test the Netxtender as part of the programme are you surprised people were wondering and asking where they were. It also doesn't surprise me that someone who got theirs eraly (or had access to one) would say that :)

I know for me, by the time I started asking where mine was I had realised that Philips were not truly interested in exploring the capabilities of the device and/or our imagination to find out what we wanted. By this time I just wanted some payback and just glad mine turned up before they closed the programme (abrubtly).

I'm afraid nothing Philips does (that I can see) changes my view that they have some great products but hugely let down by p**s poor support and leadership. I'm afraid my view is that they are one of, if not the, worst consumer electronics companies out their (and I have lots of HC kit).

A company is not usually judged by those customers with perfect working products, rather by those who have problem products, and it doesn't seem Philips are doing too well with the latter type.

Hosting Services by ipHouse