Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 16, 2004 at 20:34
gene1138
Long Time Member
August 2003
Hello,

I set my iPronto to update its firmware to the new version 1.8.2. It started to do the update and stopped downloading with partition 3/6. It came back saying to check the network settings. So I checked the WEP key and it didn't match the one to my access point so I started to correct it. Then I remembered that for some reason the HEX code on the iPronto doesn't match what airport express outputs when using passphrase. So now the prior WEP key is messed up and can't remember what it was.

Any how, I removed WEP from the access point and updated the iPronto accordingly. I gave the iPronto a static IP as well. I can't ping the iPronto at the static IP I gave it from my laptop. Looking at the wifi card in the iPronto, I notice that the green LED is blinking and not solid like it normally is. Does this mean the card has lost its association with the wifi network? Right now it is continually trying to download partition 3/6. Is my iPronto an expensive paper weight now. Is there a way to figure out if the update site is down? Anyone know the URL for it?

Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse