The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday December 19, 2005 at 19:23
bferrell
Lurking Member
December 2005
For those that follow, I didn't find the information by searching, but have reading every relevent thread, there was an answer, to use a fixed IP address to connect to the wireless network rather than DHCP. This is a hassle, but here's the process.

1) Set your router to not use/disable the DHCP server, or at least note the range of addresses that it will use. I set mine to enabled, but only for addresses 192.168.2.2-15. restart your router

2) Next set your iPronto to use fixed IP, set the subnet to 255.255.255.0, and set the primary DNS and Default gateway to the address of your router, in my case 192.168.2.1. NOTE, for some reason the default router wouldn't "stick" for me with the iPronto booted, and I could not connect to the internet. Don't worry about that, when selected Upgrade and let it reboot, it would not connect at first. Push a button, and it will allow you to change the network settings in this "boot shell". Set the above settings, and select done, mine then connected to the server just fine.

Notes: Viewing the server from the web will show the silly "boot test" page, this seems to indicate that the server IS UP. Pinging this address (boot.pronto.philips.com) seems to always fail, even when the server is up. Hope this helps. I went ahead and left mine as fixed IP, assuming that this will probably be less trouble in the long run.

Brett in Cincy

Hosting Services by ipHouse