Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 6, 2006 at 17:03
JonBarnard
Founding Member
April 2002
OK.

So I have one these bloody awful ipronto's which I would like to do something useful with, especially as Philips can't seem to get it to work.....but my problem is that Networks I can do, electonics I can Do, programming only basics, so I'm posting my problem in the hope that someone out there has the skills to help!

The Problem: I have a Neuston Media Server which is now running the Oxyl~box software...a great bit of open source (Philips Take Note) which is working perfectly. The problem is that using the ipronto browser I am able to view the Oxyl software, andI can browse all my movies MP3 etc's but what I want to be able to do is upon selecting a movie I want the commands sent to the Neuston Box and not try and run the movie on the ipronto (I would like to listen to music on the ipronto but apparently thats to hard....isn't it Mr Philips).

I know this requires changes to the Oxyl software and a new skin as it doesn't quite fit on the ipronto screen, but if this was completed then the ipronto breathes a new lease of life for anyone with any form of Media Streaming Box such as the Neuston.

I don't know how difficult this is greatful for anyone's views, questions or laughter if it's not possible....bet you could do it with a Crestron!!

Cheers

jon

Hosting Services by ipHouse