The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday February 4, 2002 at 16:34
Mike Riley
Founding Member
May 2001
Whoa there. Eric, I can understand your frustration. But I implore you, as an early beta tester myself, to remember that things have been happening pretty fast for EZ, and that originally they had hoped that all documentation could simply be online. The accidental early distribution of the remotes caught them off guard, and so did the overwhelming response from the public.

More to the point, perhaps, is that they opened up the XML side of things in response to continual requests from users on rc.com, something that they didn't really think would be appropriate just yet. The reason is exactly because of what's happening now: people are demanding more information and better access. Perhaps they should have waited, but this is a company that really, really wants to make a product that the People want, not what the Board of Directors THINK the People want.

I've seen an incredible amount of Help material added to the website in the last couple of months, and that is on top of a lot of the extra tools that they have provided to help us users get more and more out of the Harmony itself. These guys are working around the clock to make us happy, and there are dozens of things on their ToDo List that they just haven't gotten to yet.

I know for a fact that they are working on getting a complete set of Documentation prepared, but remember that ongoing development of the tools has also caused a delay in a "firm finish" date for content. In other words, it's hard to write about something that is still developing.

I think it is pretty incredible what they have managed to accomplish in a short timespan. I'm hangin' in there... ... .Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse