The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday July 18, 2007 at 11:34
gwar9999
Long Time Member
June 2005
I don't get the Nyko product at all-- why does it even include a remote control? That is, why would anybody buy the USB IR controller to use the Nyko remote??? If you need to use another remote (in this case the Nyko) why wouldn't you just use the Sony Bluetooth remote? Heck, the Sony Bluetooth remote was included for free when I bought the PS3. Obviously, I would assume that anyone in the market for the Nyko USB IR controller is going to use a universal remote instead of the Nyko. Ok, in reality you might need to teach the Harmony (etc) remote the Nyko commands but perhaps they are just using the same PS2 commands that are already known to Harmony.

In any event, the ideal product that people need (since Sony screwed everyone over with their lack of IR support-- odd considering that Sony sells universal IR remotes) is a device that can receive IR signals and transmit Bluetooth signals-- in this way EVERY Sony Bluetooth signal that the PS3 supports can be mapped (ie. the PS button). This product could either be self-powered (and stand-alone) or USB powered (connected to the PS3, although it would need to have an internal battery so it could receive signals when the PS3 was off). Hopefully some 3rd party will sell a similar product soon since I want to have complete control of the PS3 with a Harmony which includes powering it on and off.
H880, H659, Samsung HLN507W DLP, Yamaha RX-V2700, Tivo S3 HD, Sony PlayStation3, Oppo OPDV971H, Polk SurroundBar, SliMP3

Hosting Services by ipHouse