The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday August 25, 2008 at 13:35
ghoofie
Long Time Member
August 2008
The 659 was pretty simple, and I usually mess things up. First, there are four screws to loosen. Two of them are where you put the batteries in. Take the batteries out, the screws are under the batteries. There are also two on the backside of the remote. There are little holes and the screws are deep inside. After that, I used a very small flat screwdriver to pop open the two major halves of the remote. You have to pop open a spot, then move the scewdriver around and keeping splitting the halves. Once apart, you'll see the back of the buttons. It's an off whitish color rubber thingy that houses all of the buttons. There are two tiny screws holding the circuit board to the housing. I removed them, and then was able to completely remove the rubber button setup. The back of the buttons are a black color. If you push the front of the button, it pushes through and exposes the back of the button. You just paint over the black stuff with the Caikote 44.

I wasn't able to get the foil tape to stick to the back of the button, that's why I went with the caikote. I found it at Fry's for $5.99.

I figured I had nothing to lose, because most of my buttons around the display were failing and I was considering buying a new one anyway.

Good luck. And oh...I had to really push a sales person at Fry's to find the stuff on a shelf. He never heard of it. Once he took me over to a section where they had soldering stuff, etc...I actually found it before he did. But you can order it online from the manufacturer for $7.99 also.

Hosting Services by ipHouse