The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday February 7, 2008 at 02:40
sactogreg
Lurking Member
February 2004
Oh good. I'm not the only one having trouble. I have a URC MX-950 and can't seem to teach it commands either. It's as if it doesn't see the flashers from the Bose, even when it's in teach mode.

I did ask Bose about this a while back... here was their response:

"Thank you for your inquiry. In order to use a universal learning remote it is necessary to configure the Lifestyle system to be used with IR.

Here is an instruction on how to do this. Turn your television on. With your Lifestyle remote, press the System button to bring up the Bose settings menu on the television screen. Scroll over to Remote and press Enter. Now scroll down to IR Control and set it to Teach. The IR signal that will teach your universal learning remote is emitted from both the front of the Media Center and from the Lifestyle's IR emitter, so hold the learning remote to the front of the media console, or to the IR emitter.

Generally speaking, you would set your leaning remote to learn mode to begin teaching it the Lifestyle remote codes. We do not have specific instructions on how all learning remotes work. Your best bet is to check the learning remote's owners manual for instructions on how to set it with another system. Now press any button on the Lifestyle remote. It is necessary to repeat this procedure for every button on the Lifestyle remote. The universal remote will need to have every button of the Lifestyle remote programmed into it. Once you have finished setting up the learning remote, change IR Control to On in your Lifestyle system. Feel free to let us know if you have further questions."

I may have to feel free to let them know. Please post any success stories. Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse