Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Thursday August 26, 2004 at 09:54
DWost
Long Time Member
August 2004
Jon,

The answer to your first question is yes. That is the code that is working when I press and hold the button for about .5 second longer.

Here is the procedure I've used to test all the codes. I have a button in my setup that I designated as "pwr". I open the button up in the editor and click "Add IR Code". Dialogue box opens, click on "View/Edit IR" button, highlight the code on this site that you posted, copy and paste it into the "Edit IR Code" box. Click OK, turn on my pronto that is connected to my laptop, hit the "Test IR" button and nothing. When that failed I went ahead and actually added the code to my configuration, linked the button to the IR code, and downloaded it to my Pronto. Pull the pronto off the computer and test it out. This is where I can get it to work only when I hold down the button for a bit longer. I even tried to add it to my macro and it still doesn't work.

I've tried adding pauses between the codes to see if it was sent a couple times, that would make a difference and it doesn't. In order to turn OFF the PJ, one actually gets the "Turn off the PJ?" prompt on the screen and you need to hit the power again. These commands don't work with this code either. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong, however, I feel that I'm testing it the way it's supposed to be tested.

The last point you made about the "sequence" of commands is interesting. That would make sense, however, my knowledge is lacking in that area. I do know that on the OEM supplied remote I DO NOT have to hold down the button. It recognizes it instantaneously. I'm bummed I can't get this to work!! HELP!!! LOL Thanks again.

Don

Hosting Services by ipHouse