The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Thursday July 20, 2006 at 08:50
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On July 19, 2006 at 23:52, 2nd rick said...
How can I get the newer version?? (2ndrick at
gmail)

MakeHex
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

DecodeCCF: Used with DecodeIr to decode all the Pronto Hex in a CCF file. Understands the basic modulated form of Pronto Hex, the unmodulated form and almost all the condensed forms. Runs non-GUI, same ways as MakeHex.

The JP1 group's modified version of IrTool: Used with DecodeIr to decode one sample at a time of Pronto Hex pasted into its GUI. Understands only the basic modulated form of Pronto Hex, not unmodulated nor any of the condensed forms.
[Link: remotecentral.com]

DecodeIr: Used by DecodeCCF and IrTool and several other programs to do most of the work of decoding an IR signal.

Besides, at my office, they have everything
clamped down to require some sort of admin permission...
So I stopped trying.

So maybe you can't install .reg files to get more convenient access to MakeHex and DecodeCCF via context menues. But the basic function of those programs is so self contained, that if they let you download/run anything you can run those.

is there a guide or thread somewhere
on how to ID the raw IR data that these manufacturers
publish so that we know which .irc to choose in
your program??

No. Half the time even I can't guess the protocol and/or device code from the manufacturers' documentation of function numbers. When I can guess, there are lots of things that might be hints, but I wouldn't know how to collect or explain most of those.

The only robust way to find that information is to learn a few ordinary signals from the original remote. Decode those with DecodeCCF or IrTool. Then assume the other signals documented by the manufacturer use the same protocol and device code as the one you can learn.

Of course even that isn't perfect. You already know about exceptions such as Denon systems where ordinary signals may be Denon protocol (Denon's version of Sharp protocol) while the documented special signals are Denon's version of Kaseikyo protocol. Marantz devices that use RC5 protocol for ordinary signals typically use RC5x protocol for special signals. Sony has a "Control-A1" protocol for special signals that is much more complicated than Sony's ordinary protocols (MakeHex doesn't have support yet for Control-A1).

Last edited by johnsfine on December 8, 2007 16:14.

Hosting Services by ipHouse