The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday April 20, 2008 at 17:06
Rob100
Long Time Member
July 2007
John - Thanks for the ideas/comments. I'll take a look at them properly later in the week. Sounds easy enough to implement.

Need to finish setting up my Pronto first since changing to the 3808. Driving me mad having a half working macro's at the moment!

One question John... How do you determine the correct frequency from the Denon binary? For receivers it seems to work fine at 37000, but I was thinking of adding support for DVD/Blu-ray players. Last night I was looking at (using IRTool-Mod and DecodeIR.dll) a learnt Kaseikyo command which someone had posted on this forum and the frequency was 38xxx or so.

Brodyboy - Let me explain how my program works when creating a code and what a pain in the a** VB (Visual Basic 6) is at times. By the way I'm no VB expert and this is the first thing I've done from scratch in about 4 years...

When you call (run) an external program in VB, it does not wait for it to return (end) before continuing. This can be done, but it's not straight forward.

When I call on MakeHex, I need to be sure the temporary output file it creates is there before I try and read it to display in the window. Rather than waiting for MakeHex to return, I wait for the file to be created and I then try to open it with write permission - this means that MakeHex has finished writing to the file and has closed. Obviously something could go wrong and I need a "get out", so I count a number of times during these loops and if the file isn't created or I can't get write access then the error you've seen. In total I only wait for 1 second, but in my tests on my ageing PC's (Althon XP3200 and P4 3.52Ghz) this only take 300ms or so.

What's your PC spec? What OS? Maybe I need to increase this.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you another version with this value increased to see if that fixes it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse