The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday April 18, 2008 at 21:03
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
On April 15, 2008 at 15:37, johnsfine said...
With makehex.

..........|
Most often when someone asks this question it is about
Denon's Kaseikyo codes. In that case, just search the
forum. It has already been discussed at extreme length
and all the translations have already been posted.

John,

I appreciate that you give a lot of help on this forum and that you're as knowledgeable as anyone here. But several times I've tried looking for something, and find that tons of people have asked the same question I'm researching, frequently getting a response from you to the effect that "this has been asked before and answered elsewhere...search the forum."

The problem is that this forum's search function is pretty clumsy and when we do get results, it's often a long list of references to other people asking the same question and you replying "already answered....search for the forum." I end up feeling a little like a dog chasing its tail.... I'd guess that most of these people already searched and couldn't efficiently find an actual answer; that's why they're asking.

My suggestion? Some basic links for the most common questions would be really helpful. For example, for the tons of people that have questions about converting codes, a link to a location that discusses the actual conversion implementations of Makehex would be a lot more efficient than continuing to read "how do I convert" questions until we stumble across it.

Again, I appreciate the time and effort you put in here, but I just really think that references to solutions would make the forum a lot more efficient than suggestions to continue searching.

Hosting Services by ipHouse